Can one decision save time, money, the planet, AND your sanity?
We think YES! And it starts in your closet. It’s called a “Capsule Wardrobe”. In the year of 2020 when life as we knew completely changed overnight (and continues to surprise us daily), how we dress has also changed overnight.
While we and our nature-loving community have been championing wearing natural and comfortable “loungewear” for children and adults, the world is just starting to catch on. And for good reason.
We all know minimalism has been building momentum for years, and this tried and true concept of a capsule wardrobe fits perfectly right now. Not only is it the answer to more time, more money, and more energy for the things in life that really matter (in other words, not worrying about your clothes), by shopping less and committing to comfort, versatility, and protecting yourself and the environment - you not only have less hassle, spend less money, but also are able to focus on things that matter.
Why Your Clothing Choices Matter
Before we can talk about the transformative pieces that will build your perfect Capsule Fall wardrobe, we need to address WHY it matters.
In one word - pollution.
- In the US alone, 21 billion pounds of clothing waste ends up in the landfills every year.
- The fashion industry emits 10% of global greenhouse gases.
- Pesticides and chemicals used in the production of conventional clothing make up 20 percent of global insecticide emissions.
- Every time you do a load of laundry that contains synthetic fiber clothing, up to 750,000 microplastics are shed into the oceans - polluting the ocean, killing sea life, and ending up in our food system.
- Fast fashion/synthetic fiber clothing takes up to 1000 years to biodegrade.
- 2700 liters of water is needed to produce ONE non-organic cotton t-shirt - enough water for one person to drink for 3 years.
It’s not just not pretty, fast fashion is an UGLY industry. And ugly statistics, unfortunately, make up toxic wardrobes around the world that are in desperate need of change.
Transform Your Capsule Wardrobe with One Piece
We have been championing organic and natural fibers for kids for 15 years. And for good reason. Not forgetting the pollution to the planet, these chemical and fuel based materials - such as phytoestrogens emitted by polyester - act as endocrine disrupters and also cause certain types of cancers. Synthetics are also bad conductors of heat and sweat, and can cause skin rashes, redness, and itching, along with chronic respiratory infections.
If you find yourself wanting to strip naked and running off to take a hot shower, we feel you. But we’re also mothers who understand that money isn’t free and after investing in a natural and organic wardrobe for your children, creating a sustainable and natural capsule wardrobe for yourself may have to happen 1-2 pieces at a time.
And that’s why we want to share ONE fiber that will TRANSFORM your sustainable life and wardrobe. It’s called ORGANIC MERINO SILK.
We designed this collection to mix and match with itself, AND much of your existing wardrobe. Clean, calm, minimalist styling that plays nice with just about everything…. Just 1-2 pieces can and should be the foundation of every sustainable and natural fiber wardrobe - for you and your kids. There are so many reasons, so let’s just break it down:
- PROFILE: Nui Merino Silk is a blend of 70% GOTS organic merino wool and 30% Mulberry Silk.
- SAFETY: It is GOTS, Bluesign and Oeko-Tex certified.
- LUXURIOUSLY SOFT & VERSATILE: Naturally soft, with a slight sheen from the organic silk, Merino Silk feels butter smooth next to your skin, and is so lightweight and breathable, it’s perfect for lounging in AND going out. Dress it up with a bold accessory or wear it around the house and to bed.
- NO TOXINS: Wool is naturally antimicrobial and organic wool is never treated with toxic chemicals (something to watch for if it is not organic).
- INTELLIGENT: We call it “intelligent” because it’s moisture wicking, temperature regulating and breathable. The anti-inflammatory properties make it ideal for sensitive skin issues like rashes on sensitive skin and eczema for babies and adults.
- STRONG AND DURABLE: What’s better than soft? How about strong and long lasting! Organic Merino Silk is in for the long haul, which makes the cost per wear so worth it, knowing you will have an item that will retain its shape and color for years. It’s a timeless and versatile piece season after season, year after year.
- BIODEGRADABLE & RECYCLABLE: Ready to say “It’s been nice but it’s time to go?” No problem. Organic Merino Silk biodegrades in less than a year, OR even better, can be passed forward to another person looking to build their perfect capsule wardrobe, either through our Nui Rewear Program or donating to charity.
Our philosophy at Nui Organics is, when you know better, you do better. Perfection doesn’t exist in humans or nature. We are a work in progress. Our kids can play with plastic Legos, and we can also capture rain water in mason jars to drink. We can go no carb, and eat a homemade cookie because we’re all about celebrating life and the human spirit.
And most of all, we can learn about the environment, the planet, and how our everyday choices and actions affect the natural world we love.
It’s every conscious decision and every intentional choice that will help our families thrive, our friends and neighbors, and the planet as a whole.
We believe that consumers have the power to create positive change through the products they purchase. Every purchase is a choice, and every choice has a corresponding impact. Our own humanity has an urgent need for consumers to make proactive choices that benefit people and the planet. Sustainability can be simple when it’s a conscious and accessible choice and Nui exists to make this vision possible.